Monday, July 24, 2006

Oh I feel like dancing...

So I was leading this song on Sunday and the part of the song goes.."Oh I feel like dancing". And the friend that was singing with me laughed out loud...the funny thing is I almost did too. I swear that there was a rubber curtain between us and the group of people we were leading. Have any of you ever felt like this? I'm sure you have.

On the other side of the coin - I was able to have some great friends and musicians bless us on Friday at the show in the Sally Army 1/2 gym. (Thanks to Freshmen 15, The Switch, Last Tuesday, Rosh and The Quarry and EVERYONE who posted flyers, promoted on myspace, taped up posters on telephone poles and "other" surfaces downtown...THANKS)

I had a friend come up to me at the show and say - Let's dance! I was about to hesitate and put down my clipboard - but I didn't. I went after my friend and we started to "skank" around the gym - between the groups of people in the crowd - pulled some people into the line as we went - and the rubber curtain that divides all of us dissapeared. We shared the joy of the moment - we played like the kids we are on the inside. We worshiped in a way that was missing on Sunday morning.

Next week I'm on again to lead worship, and let me tell you. The first sign I see of that curtain coming down - I'm gonna start a congo line and dance all around the chapel. Worship isn't about the style of music, the people up front leading it or the fact if you had a good nights sleep the night before. Worship is about lifting up God's name and blessing him.

There is a scripture that essentially says ... if the people don't start worshiping God - the rocks are going to start singing soon.

Can you imagine a congo line of rocks dancing through church next Sunday morning? I hope that isn't how far things have to go before we wake up.

Next Sunday are you going to wait for the rocks to sing or are you going to worship?
I think it's about time we got to "dancing". The rocks are starting to sing...

No comments: