Friday, September 03, 2004

Today is September 3

I just had something very peculiar happen to me. Have you ever typed your name into the internet just to see what links pop up? I did that this morning. My web page came up, as expected, and also an interview I did a few years ago for a college newspaper. But another result came up that I had never seen before -- a link to a genealogy website.

It was my dad's obituary.

As I read down the obituary, I noticed that he passed away on September 3, 2001 -- exactly three years ago to this day. I'm no mathematician, but I'd venture to say that the odds of this happening are pretty astronomical.

Wow. Three years. I can't believe it's been that long. Do you know that every time I see a red truck drive up our street I still -- just for a moment -- think that it's him coming over to play with the kids?

I miss ya too, dad. I never knew you were so internet savvy.

No comments: