Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A Very Wookie Christmas Part Two

I spent the better part of the day waffling around about whether I wanted to spend the money on the new Star Wars Trilogy boxed set. Well, the fan-boy part of me won out over the cheapskate part and I found myself in the electronics department at the Lakewood Wal-Mart. Because it was the first day of release, Wal-Mart was selling it for only $34.80, which made me feel a lot better.

I'm not going to go into an analysis of the story or the historical significance of this movie. I'm just going to assume that you already agree with me that these are three of the most entertaining films of all time. Now that we got that out of the way, I can just give my opinion of the DVD set.

My verdict: FREAKIN' AWESOME. The remastering job is incredible -- the films look better than they ever have. The color saturation is just perfect, the image is sharp, and there aren't any dust or speckles on the film. I read that Lucasfilm went through the trilogy FRAME BY FRAME and cleaned it up for the DVD restoration. My son and I watched Star Wars tonight and it looked like it was only shot last year. It's money worth spent on some movies we'll watch over and over!

May the Force be with you!

No comments: