Friday, May 20, 2005

2 peas in a pod

I was taking with a friend about a couple that have been married for years (at least 40) and I noticed how tenderly he spoke about his wife that broke her wrist earlier this week. He still calls her "Sweetheart" and you can tell he means it by the look in his eyes. It really touched my heart.


Two peas in a pod
Two peas in a pod - so cozy and close.
A lifetime of memories cacooned us just so.
Travels through Europe two time over, and
once to the west coast to make sure that we're covered.

Everything big and everything small.
Everything now seem so small so meek,
when I compare how lost I feel without
you beside me.

So many people searching so hard to find
a love that is lasting, caring and kind.
I've found what their longing and wishes fulfill-
a love that grows over a lifetime lived to the full.
Care for your loved ones, hold them all dear
as illness, anger or death can make them disappear.

Show you love the best that you can,
then you can tell stories like mine and sweet Mary Ann's.

For Frank

No comments: