Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Author, Tired of Blogging About Life's Petty Irritations and Ready For A Change

It's been awhile since I've blogged. I guess with Lamont and I both working out of town, the Spiritual Formation groups, youth group, another magazine article, work related training and getting ready for graduate school something would get dropped. And it turned out to be journaling.

I've been really thinking about how busy my life is and what I can do to simplify. But then a need for a Sunday School teacher pops up and -- you know.

I don't want to make my return to blogging a diatribe against busyness. Instead, I'd like to write about the things I'm thankful for... Actually, that should read who I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for the editorial teams that have seen fit to publish my writing, whether they've been sitting in the offices of the Times Observer or The Wittenburg Door. It's nice to know that someone appreciates my genius, or at least has a few extra pages to fill.

I'm thankful for the Spiritual Formation posse in Jamestown and Warren. Whatever effort I've ever put into setting up a meeting is small in comparison to the companionship I've received in return. Being able to share our hearts in an atmosphere of acceptance is a rare thing these days... Let's keep this group going for the next twenty years or so...

I'm thankful for friends like James, Andy, Damien, Brian, Joe and John. They take all my weirdness in stride and occasionally throw some back my way. Plus their bizzare obsessions make mine look perfectly normal.

I'm thankful for my church. You know, I don't always want to be part of this tribe, but you people just keep making me feel too much at home to leave.

I'm thankful for my coworkers. If people only knew how good we all get along and how much fun we have, we'd have no problem filling that forever-vacant LCSW position.

I'm thankful for my kids. I always heard people say that kids are a reflection of their parents and that thought always made me shudder. But in my case I was lucky and the apples fell pretty darn far from the tree. You guys make being good cool.

I'm thankful for my family. The Addams Family doesn't have a patch on us, and that has to count for something! You raaaang?

I'm thankful for Lamont. I finally met my match the day I met her. Brainy, fun, deep -- plus a body that won't quit... What more could a guy want?

1 comment:

Tara Lamont said...

It's wonderful to know I'm loved so fully! Body, Brains and fun- is that really all me?
Thanks Fredrick!