Saturday, August 21, 2004

I.F.'s Teen Camp Diary -- Sunday

The Experiment House crew was well-settled in to camp and condo by Sunday. Although we wouldn't leave camp until Tuesday morning, this was our last day of doing program. Lamont spoke in the morning meeting about being afraid; I spoke in the evening about warning signs your faith is waning. All lot of people from the camp staff volunteered to help out, which enriched the meetings and made our job easier.

Content in the knowledge that the evening meeting was already put together, I succumbed to one of life's greatest pleasures -- The Sunday Afternoon Nap. I went into the bedroom to read a paperback, but with the sunshine warming me through the big bay windows and the sound of water gently lapping the shore... I think I read about one page that afternoon and slept almost three hours.

Sunday is the day of rest, after all. It's just that some Sundays are more restful than others...

No comments: