Friday, October 08, 2004

Do my friends at Experiment House know me or what?

So it turns out that I (Lamont) am a.....
Enneagram


These are a few individuals that I have personality type in common:
John F. Kennedy, Benjamin Franklin, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Elizabeth Taylor, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Steven Spielberg, Federico Fellini, Richard Feynman, Timothy Leary, Robin Williams, Jim Carey, Mike Myers, Cameron Diaz, Bette Midler, Chuck Berry, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Gianni Versace, Liza Minelli, Joan Collins, Sarah Ferguson, Larry King, Joan Rivers, Regis Philbin, Howard Stern, John Belushi, and "Auntie Mame" (Mame).
 and we are known to be:
The Busy, Fun-Loving Type - Spontaneous, Versatile, Acquisitive, and Scattered

Here are a few interesting things I've discovered about personalities. The group you fall into will most likely be consistant for "most of your life", you can be a primary personality type with a secondary personality tendency, and that quizzing yourself can and will place you in a state of complete shock in learning that Howard Stern and yourself share the same personality type! I rather think he would have fallen into the "creepy" category. Then again, this experiment isn't about Howard - it's about myself and the Experiment House crew.

I fell into this type with the difference of one question between another category. In fact, when I took the quiz for a second time, it came out to be a complete tie. I'll let you guess what my secondary personality type is, if you like. But it's nice to know that the secondary type isn't so self absorbed as the enthusiast's is.

So as a basic overview of getting along with my type of personality, here are a few tips:
Don't try to cause me pain or I might pop you one on a bad day.
Give me attention when I need it a space when I don't.
Always expect me to be on the go.
I appreciate the small things in life and find deep meaning in everyday things.
I like to share my excitement with those around me.
I am a multi-tasking and multi-talented.
I am a sincere friend.

Hopefully, due to my counter balancing second place personality I will remain free of some of the unhealthy characteristics associated with enthusiasts:

Self-centered, materialistic, and greedy, addictive, hardened, and insensitive.
Addictions and excess take their toll: debauched, depraved, dissipated escapists, offensive and abusive. Often give up on themselves and life: deep depression and despair, self-destructive overdoses, impulsive suicide. Generally corresponds to the Manic-Depressive and Histrionic personality disorders.

How ironic that enthusiasts that become unhealthy often give up on themselves and life. But never fear. at this point I think I fairly healthy and stable. In fact I be more likely to write a poem about the awesome colors of fall than the impending cold of the coming winter. Heck in winter I get to make snowmen anyway. Cold - HAH!

Let me know what you think friends - I may be an enthusiast first, but what do you think comes in second?

2 comments:

Ian Eastman, M.A. said...

Lamont, you actually had to take a test to discover you're the Enthusiast? Did I call it or what? And what's this "pop somebody on a bad day" business? You couldn't pop someone even if you worked at a Pepsi Factory!

Ian Eastman, M.A. said...

I think you would either be the Peacemaker or the Helper next...