Sunday, October 24, 2004

A+ Weekend

I think I just had the best weekend ever! Here's 16 reasons why:

  1. Friday, 8:30 am: I woke up and ate a stromboli for breakfast just because I could.
  2. Friday, noon: I met with some agencies who are very interested in some cooperative work with young people in Chautauqua County.
  3. Friday, 2:30 pm: I hightailed it to Fredonia where Lamont got her tattoo modified. As I sat in the waiting room, listening to Lamont scream (just kidding), I noticed that someone had left reprints of vintage Mad Magazines lying around. Ah! Comedy, thy name is Melvin!
  4. Friday, 4:30 pm. I check my e-mail and find out that a satire piece Mr. X and I wrote may be published in an upcoming issue of The Door Magazine.
  5. Friday, 9 pm: Experiment House open its doors to thirteen people of varying ages from our church for pizza and board games.
  6. Saturday, 8:30 am: My daughter surprises me with breakfast.
  7. Saturday, 10 am: I skip the yardwork calling me and take a three-hour nap while Lamont is out shopping.
  8. Saturday, 2:30 pm: My son and I work on vintage Aurora Monster Model Kits in honor of the upcoming Halloween holiday.
  9. Saturday, 7 pm: One of my good friends calls me out of the blue to go to laser tag. Hilarity ensues.
  10. Saturday, 10 pm: Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic.
  11. Saturday, 10:30 pm: Another episode of Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic.
  12. Saturday, 11 pm: The best night's sleep in ages begins.
  13. Sunday, 9:30 am: The best Sunday morning meeting in ages. The musicians sounded great, no one slept through my sermon. We had the largest attendance in ages, and it included a number of people I've been praying for. There was a real sense of community there today.
  14. Sunday, 11 am: A member of our college group phones me and tells me that there's a $5 bin of MGM Midnite Movies at Wal-Mart.
  15. Sunday, 11:01 am: I pee my pants.
  16. Sunday, noon: I buy At Earth's Core, The Dunwich Horror, Twice Told Tales, and X-The Man With the X-Ray Eyes at Wal-Mart.
  17. Sunday, 2 pm: Dinner and hanging out at my mom's house in Warren. We watch 3 of the DVDs.
  18. Sunday, 9 pm: I jump onto Blogger and write this posting.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Maybe this is a calm before a storm?

I'm a jerk.