Monday, September 26, 2005

Van Helsing

Okay... So I finally watched Van Helsing yesterday... Everybody already knows by now that this film pretty much sucked, so there's no point in my writing a review. Let me just make one point about the film that should have been obvious to the filmmakers from day one: If you're making a movie with Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman, and Mr. Hyde it should be a horror film, not an action adventure epic. If you can't get that fundamental part right, nothing else much is going to work for the film, either. A wasted opportunity from Universal -- the company that created the horror film in the 1930s.

P.S. Who was the sleepwalker they got to play Dracula? I've seen scarier vampires in Count Chockula commercials!

1 comment:

Tara Lamont said...

It was fun from where I was sitting. But then again I had a 8 year old boy sitting next to me "OOHHHHing" and "AHHHHing" at all the action and adventure. It made me kinda nostalgic for the times when it was easy to get inside the movie I was watching.