Tuesday, December 26, 2006

This is where I'm at...

teach me how to see

hey
broken
one

hey
you
who
hurt
look
at me

let
your eyes
lock on to mine
and shed
the hidden secrets of
your troubled journey
your interrupted innocence
the muddied waters
of your broken memories

teach
me how to see
teach me how to see
because i am blinded
by my dollar bills
and the light
of my impending career
but i want to see
i want to see
who you are
who God created you to be
who He wants you
to become

so
take my trembling finger
and place it
gently
on that part of you that hurts
that lurks in darkness
that suffers in silence
because i want to
feel
your pain

but
i have ignored my own pain
for so long
i have forgotten how to feel
but my desire
shrouded in frustration
my desire is to see
and feel
that broken space
because i am confident
that my healer
the wonderful counselor
the pierced one
can come
and heal
as he's done
for me

so
would you give me your eyes?
lend me your heart?
i want to feel
i want to see
i want to
LIVE
and
i want to say
in my own stuttering way
that God knows
that God cares
that God sees
that God can
that God
will

------------------
by Andrew Jones, 1996

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

this is where i'm at too. Thanks for sharing this poem/or lyrics. Happy New Year!

Tara Lamont said...

Sarah,
So happy you found both the blogs I contribute to. Thanks for taking the time to read them and I'm happy this poem struck a chord with you as well.
Peace and Happy New Year!
Tara