Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah

I've spent the better part of the last two weeks convincing my seven-year old how beneficial a week at summer camp would be. Let's just say that he wasn't easily convinced -- after all, it would be his first time away from home. But through a strange coincidence, my denomination held a family day for clergy at this very camp today. My son had an immediate rapport with the new camp director and was also impressed with the pool, the mini-golf park, and the gymnasium. He also realized that he already knows about 8 members of the staff, who come from our home church. So suddenly, he's very excited about beginning sleepaway camp tomorrow. Of course, I'm now the one who's having second thoughts about sending my baby boy away for six whole days!!! SOB!!!

No comments: