Monday, July 05, 2004

Sabbath

I began my vacation today. It is a welcome relief after a particular busy month, where T-- and I found ourselves working every weekend.

Today, I was as unproductive as a rock. Since yesterday was a fourteen-hour day spent doing our Sunday meeting and picking kids up from summer camp, we wisely didn't plan any big activities for day one. So I spent the day in rest and relaxation -- mostly naps punctuated by brief periods of eating. Just when I thought that the day couldn't get any better, I discovered that Turner Classic Movies was showing a marathon of sci-fi cult favorites like Village of the Damned, Twenty Million Miles to Earth, and Forbidden Planet. (The girls contented themselves upstairs with daytime TV.)

I'm enjoying myself. It feels so good to slow down after pushing myself for so long -- and I still have six days left!

No comments: