Monday, November 15, 2004

My new start

I wasn't sure what to expect in my new job's first day. Maybe paperwork. Maybe setting up my desk/office. But I never expected to be thrown into transporting volunteers, setting up donation sites, and having the companies van keys (and van) handed over to me within the first half hour. Talk about instant empowerment.

I met some people, drove around and checked in the donation sites a few times, had tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch - free, and was hugged and kissed by a total stranger. Another person I met promised me a guarantee of laughter whenever I needed it, specially provided by his funny conversation and happy demeanor. Who says small towns aren't friendly!

On Wednesday, I may begin to set up my office and other typical new job activities. But it was great to be able to chat with my new boss as he showed me around the town and drive around a enjoy the sunshine and new people. I had time to think and absorb the last few days of emotional overload. It was fun.

Oh my goodness. Work was fun!

To top it all off, I chatted with an old friend who is also looking for some new work. In spite of her recent efforts, no new prospects have turned up. Until Saturday. She got a call. She has an interview. It's something she would really enjoy.

Go for it girl. Although life changes and makes us uncomfortable, the uncomfortableness may be a way of pushing us beyond our "I hate this but I know this" zone.

I hope that from now on, I remember how God can work through painful circumstances to bring about something totally unexpected,,, happiness and freedom.

How's that for a surprise begining. Peace.

No comments: