Thursday, November 11, 2004

Wrapping It Up

Lamont and I did our last youth group last night. We just messed around in the gym and played board games and stuff like that. We all went to Applebees afterwards to hang out. It was a lot of fun, but I couldn't help feeling sad because it was the last time we'd all be together as a group. Dropoffs were especially hard. Usually a kid will just run into a house with a quick see ya later, but last night everyone had to linger a little bit before going in. They will never be far from our thoughts or prayers.

I can't believe that tomorrow is my last day in the office. I think I still have a week's worth of work left! I have to hand in my charge cards, keys, and fill out assorted paper work. I know it will all get done somehow and just need to stop fretting about it and hit the sack. (I'm still not satisfied with my sermon -- which probably has more to do with my state of mind than the actual message -- but I think I'll just wait until Satuday to revise it.)

No comments: