Thursday, May 11, 2006

New Car = Drooling

On Monday I traded my worn out green dodge caravan for a Buick Skylark. It was time for a change after spending so much on upkeep on the well used "Grandma Van" ( may it rest in peace). Usually when people trade a vehicle they go for less years - miles - etc...
We'll never to be the one to go the common road - I traded for a car made the same year (93) - less miles and previously owned by one owner. The car is red and silver (I say with a smile) - had been taken care of like some people do their children - the engine is even clean for heavens sake! Power everything, cruise contol, cassette so I can use my cd adapter to have music pumping through the bass boosted speakers, and gas milage that well exceeds the previous vehicle ( 141 miles on less that 1/2 a tank of gas!). In fact, I love driving it! So far here are a few of the comments on the new wheels...
" Well oh la la ..."
" That is brand new isnt it..."
" Now I can see who makes all the cash (ha I work for a non-profit agency)"
" I drove my Buick up to 300,000 miles - you'll have years with this car..."
" Mom, can I have this when I turn 16?"
" Mom, It looks like a hot wheels car!"

I hope that I have many years to drive this baby - In fact I think that I might name it. Do you have any ideas? Comment away!

Peace and 6 cylinders...

No comments: