Thursday, May 11, 2006

The turkeys are out to get me...

So I have been all jazzed since I picked up my car on Monday. It's really a nice ride and I'm SOOOOO thankful for it.
I'm on my way home today an I'm running late ( of course) to get Heather and Nigel from their afterschool program - so I'm pushing the speed limit.

Wham!

Out of nowhere a very large turkey takes off in flight right in front of me (I was close to Donaldson Road - Busti, NY). I'm yelling...

"oh no oh no oh no, please no!" as the crazy bird propells itself at the drivers side of my front window.
I ducked.
No joke - I tapped the brake, winced and then
I ducked...

and I missed the turkey.

I don't know where he went. In fact I don't really care - as long as he was out of my way.
My heart was pounding - and I bet the turkey's was too.
Thankfully, my new wheels are still turkey free. I hope they stay that way.

No comments: