Monday, November 20, 2006

Cult Film Sunday

You don't catch a cold -- you earn one. Well, I earned mine this weekend via a packed work and school schedule. I spent Sunday drifting in and out of sleep while watching a VHS tape of cult movies that Mister Oblivious dropped off.

I started out with the delightfully bad Plan 9 from Outer Space...

...then watched Ed Wood's "other" epic, The Bride of the Monster...

...then went onto Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this... And don't ever expect to again...

...and ended the mini-fest with George A. Romero's neat little thriller The Crazies.

Lamont sat in on Faster Pussycat, but I was on my own for the rest of the films.

"If it's the worst movie ever made, why should we watch it?" asked my son in reference to Plan 9. He has so much to learn about cult movies!

No comments: