Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wrapped in a blanket of love...

I am becoming more and more convinced that there is nothing better in life than spending time with the people you love.

I suppose after being in a self admitted funk for a week or so that its time for me to remember that even in the hard timesGod gives wonderful blessings if only we would take the time to look for them,or listen for them in this case.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Lots of rain, lots of work and not enough "time" for the loved ones in my life.

Tonight was so fun to go to the WASU and be greeted by the ever loving Pam with a huge hug. Walk into the movie room to find Phantasm still playing ( I was working until 8:30 so I thought I would miss them - I didn't :)! ) Next my girl Heather turned around and reached her hands out to me and smiled one of her winning smiles - I love her! Jackie, Mary almost all saw me at the same moment and the girls hugged me and shouted, "Tara's here!"

Steve overheard and shouted over the PA - "Hey, I glad you made it, we were afraid you wouldn't make it". So the band continued to play until about 9pm. The tour they were on showed as the music was really tight and together. Good show boys!

So I danced, sang and blew off all the stress and anxiety and let the music wrap me up in a blanket of vocals, bass. guitar, scratching and percussion. Everybody was dancing, singing and wrapped up in the blanket of music as well - it was a precious blessing to my tired spirit.

Kaddisfly had played earlier in the evening - sadly I missed another performance by them, but I picked up their new cd and am listening to it as I'm typing. I looked at their shirts and other merch for sale and my eyes fell upon a phrase on one of the tee's.

"Without tears, is to be void of love."

These words really seemed to connect with the fact of life bringing a mix of both sadness and joy. You really can't have a "life"one without the other.

I've had so many friends and family facing tears daily lately and I know that life is a mix of both good and bad, but it was truly wonderful to have a moment, an hour or two with folks that I love so much and I know love me in return.

You all are in my heart - and you make my life filled more with blessing and less tears. Unless you count the happy ones!

Mostly, I need to thank God that in the midst of trials - there is always a fountian and oasis to be found; no matter the desert you are traveling through.

'1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.'

Wherever you are, whatever you face - hold onto God and he'll wrap you up in a blanket of love that can't compare to anything else. Just ask, he's waiting in the wings for all of us to invite him in.

I will open the door. Help me never to shut you out.

Peace and Joy,
Tara Lamont

No comments: