Sunday, October 30, 2005

The curtain is dead

I have these really cool curtains in my laundry room. They have tabs on the top so the decrative metal rod peeks through. I bought them at Ikea a few years ago when I first painted my laundry room.
I repainted the laundry room about a month ago and I still like the curtains so well that I dyed them to match the new colors. Indigo blue with sky blue abstract circles that showed up very pretty when the sun shone thru the glass door.
The degus that are in a new cage in the laundry room must have noticed the lovely blue shade behind their habitat and thought it would be nicer to eat than to look at.
The 2 pet degus (that had plenty of chew toys in their cage) methodically pulled the fabric through the 1/2 squares ot the power coat metal cage with thier tiny razor tipped paws and proceeded to chew a 2 1/2 foot hole in my beloved blue curtain.At least they were kind enough to eat away the fabric in a circular pattern to match the curtain.
I almost opened the door and let our family dog have at them... but I didn't.
At least not yet.

So much for exotic pets. Degus especially like the color blue. So did I.

1 comment:

Michael said...

What's a degus?

*researches*

You have a pet chipmunk.