Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Don't Spend It All In One Place

I'm back from my conference in the Lehigh Valley. It was definitely time well spent. I don't usually look forward to taking a five-hour road trip by myself, but Pennsylvania is so lovely in the autumn. Plus I loaded up my mp3 player with all the Adam Again albums, which provided a cool soundtrack to make the time pass quickly. It's strange. It's strange and it's wonderful...

You know those stories where a person goes to the mailbox and finds out some relative they never knew left them a million bucks? I just had something similar happen to me. I got a letter from the Spann Settlement Administrator. I could tell there was a check inside. Turns out a corporation I used to work for got sued over the way it handled retirement funds. And even though I haven't worked there for over six years I'm still entitled to my share of the booty! I unfolded the check made out for -- $3.72!

This experience can serve as a good illustration about pretty much my whole life.

No comments: