Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Laundry, Driving Directions, and A Long Drive

Getting ready for the trip is the hardest part of going away. It gets harder after you are married and have kids... the family needs a little more caring for than a cat. Fill the fridge... o the laundry... send all the notes to the teachers... line up sitters... PRINT YOUR DRIVING DIRECTIONS... and try to get a good night's sleep. HA! It's 2:45am and the washer is still going strong.

But then I think for a minute... I'm getting away for 5 DAYS! I can drink coffee while I'm driving and chat on the cell with my best friend who moved to DC. I get to sit and listen - reflect and absorb -- and bring it all home. To share my 5 days with my family, friends and church folks. This trip may never end! In encouragement and enrichment anyway.

Go ahead and sleep - my holiday is just beginning...

No comments: