Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Eureka!

I installed my new printer at work today. Since the cheapskates at Hewlett-Packard are too cheap to include a printer cable, I had to purchase one from Quill. Don't you just hate opening the plastic packaging those accessories come in? Why is it necessary to encase a USB cable in a layer of plastic so hard that it almost takes a direct rifle hit to release it? Well, the geniuses at Quill had a big surprise for me today: The back of the package came with a convenient pull-tab that allowed me to remove the plastic in one quick stroke. How cool is that?

I am now officially adding pull-tab plastic packaging to my list of the Greatest Inventions Ever Made, which includes:

  • Star Wars Action Figures

  • Pre-moistened towelettes

  • Rice Crispy Treats

  • The Push Up Bra


I don't know if anyone in management at Quill reads this blog, but in my humble opinion, somebody over there deserves a big fat raise.

No comments: