Sunday, February 15, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

I helped D-- and his mom move into their new apartment today. I'm not sure how much help I was, considering I'm still getting over the flu and didn't have my natural verve.

D-- has gone through the wringer over these last few years. It's all too personal to share in a public blog like this, suffice to say that if I wrote his experiences in a short story you would assume that it was all too outlandish and melodramatic to be true.

It's nice to see how good he's doing now. He finally has a decent paying job, has gone back to school and is doing great, and has a nifty new apartment. I sincerely hope that the next few years of success will outweigh his recent trials.

I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't break a mirror in transport!

No comments: