Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

I noticed that all of the scriptures I read this morning in Celtic Daily Prayer had a common theme: the future.

Psalm 121: 3 - 4:
"He will not let your foot be moved, he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."

Ecclesiastes 3: 1 - 3:
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up..."

Matthew 9:17:
"Neither is new wine put into old wineskins; if it is, the skins burst, and the wine is spilled, and the skins are destroyed; but new wine is put into fresh wineskins, and so both are preserved."

I wonder what the future holds for me? And "the happenings of my lot"?

No comments: