Thursday, March 17, 2005

Review: Holy Ground

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

My friends, S-- and V--, recently passed along to me a copy of Holy Ground - Celtic Christian Spirituality by Deborah K. Cronin. It's a nice introduction to the subject that is written in such a way that I oftentimes felt like I was taking a peek into the author's personal journal. It's a positive view of spirituality that is defined by the mantra it is good rather than the "crises" we face. Cronin goes beyond the history lesson and suggests ways that we can adapt this ancient view of life in the land of work and Wal-Mart franchises. Recommended reading!

My only disappointment with the experience had nothing to do with the actual book itself: I found out the author used to live in my area and I never had the chance to meet her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the devil rocks......boooo you. i will read no such books on christianity unless its for school........booo!!!