Friday, September 08, 2006

I need Fishermans eyes.

I need Fishermans eyes.
I was just reading the account of Peter last night.He and his frineds were out fishing but there were no fish to be caught. Jesus appears and tells them to try again so they do and the nets are overflowing with fish. In fact the net is so full that another boat has to be called out to help, the nets start to tear and the boats start to sink with the weight of the load.

Peter cowers in Jesus presence when he realises this situation occured by Jesus doing. Peter tells him he's not worthy to be in his persence. Jesus tells him to get up - "Now you are going fishing for people".

Peter had to come to God as he was ( dirty, sweaty, salt fo the earth fisherman) and God did amazing things in and through him. God purposed his life to seek out, catch and bring souls home to God. What some may have considered to be an unlikely candidate for Godly work was used for a divine purpose.

May I not be afraid to come to God, as I am. It's necessary that I accept that the things I may not like about myself (ie. cowering like Peter) as that "thing" may be the very tool that God is planning to help seek after hurting, weary and hopeless souls. In this moment and every moment may I say, "Okay, lets go fishing."

Thank you that you love me, take me and teach me as I am. Help me to look at others with fisherman's eyes

No comments: