Sunday, September 03, 2006

Where the heck did Kahunaville go?

I was greatly suprised when the anchor resturant at the Walden Galleria Mall was totally and completely gone when I went to visit it today. I suppose it is more than the idea of the resturant dissappearing and more the dissappearing of my old life that is bothering me.

My family and I used to take our old church and family on daytrips to the Buffalo Museum of Science ( which thank god is still there), Niagra Falls, The Freeway in Hamilton, Ontario, Fort. Niagra, Niagra University, and the Genessee Country Museum (thank god they were all is still there). After a visit at one of the above attractions we would almost always go to Kahunaville for dinner. The food was ok, but the atmosphere was fun. Water and light shows, game arcade, animated oversized turtles (my son used to be afraid of them), and memories galore.

If you had never been to the mall before, you never would have know what you were missing.

I knew though.

I miss the people that we used to pack into the white maxi van, I miss the friendships that grew out of those times, I miss the days that my kids were little and amazed by everything they saw and did on those trips. Happy memories for all of us.

"The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of God stands forever." This is one of my favorite verses from the Bible - it is so true. Things change, people change, but God - he's the rock I need to hold on to.

I hope that the relationships that were built on all those "Kahunaville" trips don't fade like the flowers. I know that many people have moved on from Gen Next - in so many ways.

It is my hope that they havent' moved away from God and that they haven't forgotten all the ways God reached out to them and others.

May the days we spent together be remembered for more then the places we used to go - but the lives that were changed and the difference we tried to make. Yeah we still "Got your back". We love you and we miss you...
Cheers to Kahunaville and you.

No comments: