Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Missing?

Missing the sand betwwen my toes.
Missing the faces I used to know.
Longing for the heat of the summer sun.
Longing for peace - not the undone.

Why does the spinning never pause?
When the season is lost to a cause?
Where can you find what you'd like like to be-
How can the future be so clear to you and not me?

Missing the hands the held me so tight.
Missing the dreams that just fall out of sight.
Longing for happiness and the light of day.
Longing for shadows to to run far away.

Who can I call in in wind and in rain?
How can you know my loss and my pain?
Where can you stop and take so much time?
What love is so beautiful, patient and kind.

Spinning lives and racing places -
mold my time, my heart and my paces.
Stand close to me and hold me upright.
You alone understand both my dark and my light -
and I will hold on, hold on, hold on
so tight.

No comments: