Sunday, April 04, 2004

Snow in April?

Snow in April isn't the most surprising occurrence in the world. Unusual, but not impossible as a look outside the window and this week's forecast has to prove. After dealing with a household fighting step throat, sinus infections and ear infections for the last month - I'm really ready for some sun and warmth.

All I want is to pull out my spring clothes, hang up the thick tights and feel the beaconing sunshine warming my arm through the car window. I'd roll down the window if we got temperature's warmer than 50 degrees - sun or not!

Not that I want to complain, but the forecast says it's going to snow on Easter. In the words of Charlie Brown,"AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!" and "Oh, brother!'. Easter eggs don't go with snow ploughs, no matter which way you look at it.

So in hopes of warmer weather: I took some old clothes to the thrift store, bought my daughter sandals and as sun-dress, found my son a bright tropical shirt to wear Easter morning, recycled a winters' worth of soda bottles and cans and purchased a new pair of lightweight summer jeans. So far it's still snowing.

Snow or not, I will color Easter eggs. Snow or not I will celebrate Good Friday. Snow or not, I will participate in an Easter egg hunt- even if I have to wear snow-pants and boots.

Snow on Easter. Maybe they should make a Frosty the Snowman and Easter Bunny buddy movie for all of us that live in the snow-belt. I imagine claymation characters singing a catchy song like " I deliver your basket faster in the snow", would make this a little easier. Maybe then snow in April wouldn't seem so weird.

Here's to frozen peeps candy and Easter baskets hidden in snow banks - Cheers.

No comments: