Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Happy Anniversary

It has been exactly one year since the residents of Experiment House began this blog. We originally questioned if we had enough to say to actually maintain a blog, but here we are over 100,000 words later with no signs of stopping. So I thought it would be appropriate to take a look at where we've been with gratitude, and it is in that spirit that I present my own version of the Academy Awards -- The Bloscars...

MR. X'S BEST POSTING OF 2004: MORNING AT THE DMV
I was initially perplexed when Mr. X approached me about contributing to the blog, because he never mentioned that he was interested in writing in the ten years that I've known him. He quickly established himself as the most consistently humorous writer at Experiment House. He's funniest when he writes about the comedy of daily life and I think he was at his best with Morning at the DMV.

LAMONT'S BEST POSTING OF 2004: THE GIRL BEHIND THE SCREEN DOOR
This is the girl that kind of bucks the whole system and prefers poetry and heartfelt observations on life rather than the silliness than the rest of us spew out on a regular basis. And we love her for it. The Girl Behind The Screen Door is a fine piece of writing. This piece should be submitted for publication somewhere!

MISTEROBLIVIOUS' BEST POSTING OF 2004: TOP TEN THINGS ABOUT GEN-NEXT SERVICES
This guy is the pop culture king of Experiment House and I love his in-depth musings about music, television, and even cereal. I had a heck of a time singling out a favorite column, so I chose his top ten list for purely sentimental reasons: it was a laugh-out loud bit from an otherwise somber occasion...

OTHER BLOGGERS WHO WOULD MOST FIT INTO EXPERIMENT HOUSE:
TIE Michael Tyas of Life's a Journey and Sada of From The Mind of Sada. These guys are really on our wavelength, and I hope they take that as a compliment! Two high-quality blogs that are worth checking out on a regular basis! Both of them are from Ontario, too. Weird.

STRANGEST MOMENT OF 2004
Being contacted by the producers of ESPN's Cheap Seats after reading a glowing review of their show in this very blog.

NEATEST BYPRODUCT OF WRITING A BLOG
The improvement of writing skills that only happens by pluggin' away at a keyboard on a regular basis.

Well, that's it for the 2005 Bloscars. (Or is that 2004? I can never remember how those award things work.) 2004 was a year of extreme crisis, change and transition for me and I don't think I would have made it without the support of my friends at Experiment House and an outlet like the blog to express how I was feeling. Here's to 100,000 more words in 2005!

No comments: