Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sunday School, Sledding and Birthday cake.

What a fun day! It was a great day at church. I had a nice group for Sunday School. Although we did have a minor toenail injury while playing "Do You Love Your Neighbor?" After a couple of Band-Aids and a time out from some over zealous players, it all worked out alright.

Almost the whole back row of church was teens today, so refreshing after the expected holiday absence over Christmas and New Years. That's a good start for the new year.

Worship was good, the message was challenging, and the chili and cornbread we ate for lunch (that I made!) was really good after sitting a day to cure.

I had no idea how large the hill was (that some new friends from the church suggested we so sledding on); until I climbed to the top and felt like I was the next contestant on Fear Factor. I am proud to say - I overcame the mountain, or hill, rather. Up and down I went spinning out on foam sleds finished with slippery plastic. Honestly, I think I spent more time climbing and spinning than I did flying down the hill like the red baron. But, it was a blast - and it was free!

After all that, I was able to get together with family for a combined B-Day party for my Mom-in-law and myself. It was the best: chicken enchiladas, angel food cake, presents with my family.

It was a very busy day, and I think I'm going to feel all the hill climbing in morning; but it was a hill top day. I was able to experience so much in this day. Time with my family, church and God. It was the best birthday!

No comments: