Sunday, November 06, 2005

My Weekend?

Well, lets start by saying I've had 2 days off in a row. But I've been under the weather.

On Wednesday night, I picked up a sleeping six year old from his seat in the maxi van and carried him into his house after group and after getting home I kept getting pain in my lower abdomin. It continued thru Thursday,,,so Fri I went to the doc. They had no clue.
So, still in pain I went to the ER friday afternoon for HOURS,,,returned Saturday morning for a sonogram...and after blood tests , urine (sorry) tests and waiting for HOURS more for test results.,, the on call doc concluded that I pulled some muscles in my thigh and stomach and sent me home with a script for painkillers (thank God) and orders to rest and see my doc on Monday if needed.
I felt rather silly...worrying about all the "stuff" that could be wrong. Then I was kinda mad. Isn't it procedure for the Doctor to ask some simple questions to see if you can recall the reason for the pain? They did ask when the pain started (considering that this week was a blur, it was hard to recall)...but it would have been much easier had they asked the brilliant question... "Have you done any work or exercise out of the ordinary this week?" That would have been too easy.
So much for two days off.

One bit of great hospital news though...my niece had her baby early this morning. His name is Eli - he's healthy and so is Mom. I'll see him on Sunday. Night.

TAra

No comments: