Saturday, August 19, 2006

Shopski Sabbath

Maybe it's all the polish food I ate last week at the fair, I don't know. But I woke up with the word "Shopski" embedded in my brain this morning.

Shopski I found after googling is ..."Shopski Cove (Shopski Zaliv ..'shop-ski 'za-liv..) is a 2.6 km wide cove indenting for 1.5 km the SW coast of Greenwich Island, Antarctica, between Triangle Point and the westernmost extremity of the moraine spit protecting Yankee Harbour. The cove is named after the Shoppe Region in Western Bulgaria."

It also is part of a title of bulgarian music - kinda bali/russian sounding. Anyhow, back to shopski. Shopski is where I have been all week - isolated on a wide cove, not able to accomplish a great deal due to the eye injury eariler this week, feeling frustrated and lazy, yet enjoying the rest all in the same. I think in a way "shopski" could be expressed as Sabbath.

Sabbath or "The Hebrew word ("habbat", .., Strong's H7676) means "the [day] of rest (or ceasing)", as it entails a ceasing or resting from labor." Sabbath is something we ALL need, even if we will never admit it. In a way, I think this particular shopski sabbath was one that God declaired for me. Maybe some won't understand the context here, but I often won't stop unless something stops me - I'm a figity wicket of a person. So even thought I'm not fond of the circumstances of this eye injury induced shopski - I am thantkful to have God in my life and appreciate that he knows the greater needs I have and often ignore.

Thanks for the shopski God. Bulgaria can be a beuatiful place.

No comments: